Friday, January 7, 2011

Standby Meal

Here is my standby meal...

Enchiladas (makes about 8 medium or 6 large)

This is a very simple recipe I received from my great friend, Christie. It is very easy and the recipe is on the smaller enchilada sauce can in case you ever forget it (but we added the beans and rice). The can will tell you if you need one or two cans of sauce, I just can't remember.

1 lb Ground Beef
1 can refried beans
2 servings of cooked rice (I use minute rice usually)
1 Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1-2 Cans of Enchilada Sauce (hot or mild)
Flour Tortillas (any size. I think I use the middle size)

Filling:
Cook Ground Beef and Drain
Cook Rice at Same Time (microwave works well for us)
Add Beans, Rice and 1/3 to 1/2 of cheese bag to Cooked Beef (looks gross but it will taste good)

Make Enchilladas:

Take a Tortilla and add as much of the above filling to it and roll it up
Place filled tortillas into a baking dish (I usually spray it with cooking spray first)
Top with Remaining Sauce and Remaining Cheese

Bake:
Bake at 350 (I think) for 15 minutes just to warm it all up. It will say the temp on the enchilada sauce can.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jim Dier said...

for an even quicker twist on this recipe replace the ground beef with shredded rotisserie chicken from the market. Just buy the chick and rip off a breast or thigh and use that in place of the ground beef!