Sunday, March 23, 2008

Warm chocolate chip, walnut banana bread with vanilla ice cream

I adapted this recipe from my Good Housekeeping Cookbook. I've noted where I've made my additions and changes.

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons softened butter

2 large eggs
1 cup or 2 mashed ripe bananas (the riper, the better)
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
3/4 cup chocolate chips (Mia's tip)
1/3 cup of milk (Mia's tip)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 x 5 pan with butter. Combine dry ingredients flour, baking soda and salt, and mix thoroughly. In mixer, combine butter, eggs, sugar and milk until well blended. Then mix both the wet and dry ingredients.

Then add bananas and fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.

Cook for 45 minutes so it's slightly underdone.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and whip cream if you want. They'll be begging for more!

1 comment:

Jill B said...

I was lucky enough to get a taste of this...delicious. Thanks for posting Mia! (btw...why the milk?)